- 2.4GHZ Wireless network standard with transmission speeds up to 11Mbps.
- Short for acknowledgement. Answer given by one device to another to acknowledge the request.
- Maximum data that can be transmitted over a connection.
- When a single source slows down communications. For example, a dial up modem could be a bottleneck to watching a streaming movie on Netflix.
- Network cable standard with 4 twisted pair copper wires terminated by an RJ-45 connector. Cat5 allows for a maximum cable length of 100 meters.
- Short for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. DHCP is used to assign IP addresses to devices on a network.
- Short for Domain Name System. DNS is a system that maps IP addresses to domain names.